Suspect In Fayetteville Club Stabbing Released From Jail

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Fayetteville man accused of stabbing two people at a local club was released from jail on bond over the weekend, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

Chaucencey Boles, 23, was arrested Friday on suspicion of two counts of battery and possessing an instrument of a crime. He was released Saturday from the Washington County Detention Center on $10,000 bond. He has a Nov. 4 arraignment date set, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Police and emergency crews responded to a stabbing call at on Martin Luther King Boulevard at the 62 Event Center on Sept. 29. A private security guard at the scene called 911 and told police that security had lost control of a large disturbance outside of the club, according to a preliminary report from the Washington County Prosecutor’s Office.

One victim was stabbed in the abdomen and was hospitalized in serious condition. Another victim suffered deep lacerations on his inner forearm, according to the preliminary report.

The victims were later identified by police as Reginald Wiley, of Mineral Springs, and Charles Vaughn, of Nashville, Ark. Both have been released from the hospital.

Police arriving on scene noticed a car covered in blood trying to leave the parking lot. Officers stopped the car, which was being driven by Boles, the preliminary report states. Boles told police several people tried to kill him. He was later hospitalized with minor cuts, the report states.

Witnesses told police Boles got into a fight with one of the victims and they fell into his car. The other victim tried to pull the first victim out of the car and was stabbed in the arm, according to witnesses. When the first victim was eventually pulled from the car, he was covered in blood and had been stabbed in the abdomen, according to the preliminary report.

Some witnesses said they saw Boles holding a brass knuckle knife in his hand during the fight. One of the witnesses said “he pressed the victim’s guts back into his abdomen,” the report states.

Boles provided an interview to police Friday and said he was walking to his car from the club when he saw a fight going on in the parking lot. An unidentified black man attacked Boles and struck him in the head, Boles told police. Boles said he started fighting with the man and they fell into the suspect’s car.

Boles denied he had a knife and could not explain where the blood came from, according to the preliminary report.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.