Teens Severely Burned In Arkansas Haunted House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Authorities in northeast Arkansas say two teenagers suffered severe burns after a small fire broke out at a haunted house.

The fire broke out late Saturday at Nightmare Productions Haunted House on U.S. 63 between Jonesboro and Bono. Craighead County sheriff’s deputy Dustin Norwood says a 13-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy were badly burned when an employee poured paint thinner into a burning barrel, causing it to burst into flames.

The haunted house’s owner, Cody Russell, says the teens had volunteered to scare visitors. Russell says he doesn’t know why the man poured the chemical into the barrel. The employee has since been fired.

Read more from our partners at THV 11 in Little Rock.