5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM TV and KXNW TV, is looking for a Weekend Anchor/Reporter who can handle breaking news, and is a proven leader with editorial content and people. You must enterprise significant local news stories and be able to write for the web. We are the market leader and want an anchor/reporter that thrives on being a member of a winning team.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Become one of the primary personalities of the TV station
- Invest in ratings growth of the newscasts you anchor
- The ability to turn a wide range of hard news stories quickly
- Must be able to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs (Final Cut Pro experience a plus)
- You will be expected to post stories to the web everyday
- You’ll need a strong work ethic and the ability perform independently
- Outside of the regular work day, you’ll be expected to make public appearances on behalf of the station
- You’ll need a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks
- Develop meaningful contacts and maintain those contacts to get information quickly
- Works closely with news producers – writing scripts, editing copy and creating show rundowns
- Will turn stories and enterprise new content for all weekend shows, as well as all other duties assigned by the producer and management
- You must be an aggressive news reporter, who can report live and handle breaking news in all kinds of conditions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Station Specific Duties:
This person will anchor our Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts, help plan weekend assignments, enterprise and write weekend stories as assigned. You will also be responsible for keeping our website updated on weekends. Three days a week, you will be a general assignment reporter, which include daily live shots and web posting. You will also fill-in anchor as requested by management.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
A minimum of two years experience anchoring/reporting for a commercial television news operation. An above-average, demonstrable knowledge of television newscast production techniques and television news writing. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A four-year college degree in liberal arts or journalism.
Statement about Other Duties:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Send your resume, references, and tape to Rick Bagley, News Director, KFSM-TV, 4201 North Shiloh Drive, Suite 169, Fayetteville, AR 72703. Email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer