Fayetteville Men Arrested On Suspicion Of Domestic Battery

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

On the left is Bavis, and on the right is Hurst.

Two Fayetteville men have been arrested after a fight, according to an arrest report from the Fayetteville Police Department.

Both men were reportedly involved in a battery case, according to the report. This resulted in both being transported to the Washington County Detention Center. Both were given a CT scan and needed stitches for their wounds.

The men were identified as Larry Hurst and Chase Bavis.

Fayetteville police responded to the 3000 block of Jewell Rd. for a report of a burglary in progress. The caller said a man entered a residence and a fight had taken place, resulting in two males being injured, according to a report from the Fayetteville Police Department.

An officer arrived on the scene and made contact with the two bleeding males, according to the report.

After interviews were conducted, it was discovered that a burglary did not occur.

Hurst stated that he came back to the residence after being on Dickson Street. He arrived and located his ex-boyfriend, Bavis, in Hurst’s room asleep on the bed. The two are not in a relationship but were together for approximately a year, according to the report.

Hurst said that he then asked Bavis to leave repeatedly, which resulted in Bavis reaching up from the bed and biting Hurst on the left cheek. A bite mark was apparent on Hurst’s left cheek, according to the report.

After this, Hurst said he forced Bavis outside the residence and closed the door, and in his attempts to force the door shut, Bavis pulled on the door, causing it to hit Bavis in the eyebrow. This reportedly left a one-inch cut.

Later, Hurst observed Bavis outside the residence falling and hitting vehicles in his “drunken stupor.” Hurst stated that he never threw a punch at Bavis but would only push him out of the residence, according to the report.

Bavis stated that he left Dickson Street early and went to the residence, where he fell asleep. He stated he was awoken to Hurst punching him multiple times in the face, and he admitted to biting Hurst in order to defend himself, according to the report.

Bavis said they continued to struggle and eventually, he went outside. In attempts to leave, Hurst followed him and continued to fight, according to what Bavis said in the report.

One witness stated she observed Hurst tell Bavis to leave. Then, Bavis leaped up from his sleep and bit Hurst on the face. The witness also stated that she saw the two struggle inside the apartment and then re-engaged each other outside. She said they were physically fighting and throwing multiple punches at each other.

Once she was able to separate them, she took Hurst back inside, and Bavis sat out on the front porch, according to the report.

Each described opportunities where they had the option to leave or be left alone, and neither made an effort to stop the combat, according to the report.

Both men were eventually placed under arrest on suspicion of domestic battery 3rd degree.

On the left is Bavis, and on the right is Hurst.

On the left is Bavis, and on the right is Hurst.


Comments are closed.