Man Hospitalized After Moped Catches Fire In Fayetteville

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FAYETTEVILLE (KFSM) – A man was injured Tuesday afternoon after his moped caught fire near Washington Regional Medical Center in Fayetteville.

The moped fire spread to the man before emergency crews arrived, according to emergency responders. A local ambulance transported the man to the nearby hospital with burn injuries, according to Fayetteville police.

Crews said no other vehicles were reported to have been involved in the fire off of Fulbright Expressway near the hospital, although police said investigation into the fire is still in its preliminary stages.

Stay with 5NEWS for more on this developing story.


  • Velda

    Thank God he wasn’t killed, but we must pray for him, as these burns can go bad. My sister died from a fire.

    Thank God that the grass is green as this fire could have spread and risked lives at the hospital behind the fire.

    This is so scary.

    • Jaybird

      LOL, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Grass fires don’t cause hospitals to burn down!! They are surrounded by concrete and asphalt parking lots, not to mention the hospital iteself isn’t some old wooden building. It’s made out of bricks and masonry. If a hospital or any building of that size is going to burn down, it would have to start from the inside. And even then, the sprinkler systems in those type buildings are state-of-the-art, so it would have to fail as well. Calm down, lady. I realize you lost your sister to fire, but that doesn’t mean the whole city is gonna burn to the ground.

Comments are closed.