Greenland School District Launches Smartphone App
GREENLAND (KFSM)- The Greenland School District has launched a new smartphone application to send out important district information and push notifications from Greenland faculty and staff directly to users.
The app, which is available for free for both Apple and Android devices, will be used to send out information about school activities, grade books, notes from teachers, athletic schedules and scores, lunch menus and school calendars.
The app is provided by SchoolWay by Jostens, which is a developer of mobile apps for K-12 schools systems.
“The release of this app for the Greenland School District is an example of our commitment to provide our community members all of the district’s information conveniently and easily,” said Dr. Larry Ben, Superintendent of Greenland Schools. “We are excited about how our school’s app will lead to a stronger, more connected school community.”
Current app features include:
- Push and email messaging from both the district and school site levels
- Instant safety notification and alert reporting
- GPS mapping and navigation
- School calendars
- Online grade book access
- Multiple language options, including Spanish
The district plans to add the following features later in the school year:
- Push and email messaging from courses, clubs and athletics
- Staff directories with one-touch dialing
- Lunch menus, athletic information and much more
For information on how to download the app and use it click here.
According to a release from the school, Jostens provided the app for free to the Greenland School District.