Investigators Call Early Morning Fort Smith House Fire “Suspicious”

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FORT SMITH (KFSM) – Investigators are calling an early morning house fire suspicious after a rental home went up in flames Wednesday (Dec. 10).

Crews responded around 3:30 a.m. to 4414 Kinkead Ave. in reference to a house fire at the location. Responding firefighters immediately saw smoke billowing from the roof, according to the Fort Smith Fire Department. It took crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the flames.

The fire may have been caused by an electrical problem, although authorities are calling it suspicious while they continue their investigation.

The house received severe damage and is considered a total loss, according to the fire department. The floors were charred, and the walls were blackened. Few items were in the house because it is a rental home that is currently vacant, authorities said.

 

4 comments

  • Taylor

    “Crews responded around 3:30 a.m. to 4414 Kinkead Ave. in reference to a house fire”
    Shouldn’t this say “in response to a house fire”? Anyway I figured I’d see something on the news about this. I live right off Grand and all the sirens woke me up last night.

    • Seriously

      @TAYLOR. Really? Do you sit by your computer all day and criticize the media on how they typed a news report? Get a life.

      • John

        In Taylor’s defense, if a person decides to go into professional journalism, I feel that he/she should at least be able to convey news information using better grammar than a typical high school graduate.

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.