Rogers Man Pleads Guilty To Sexual Assault, Sentenced To 10 Years

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ROGERS (KFSM) – A Rogers man pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual assault on Dec. 15 and was sentenced to 10 years in prison, according to court documents.

Bryan M. Evans, 24, was scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 5, but his trial was reset to Dec. 15.

He will be eligible for parole about 1.5 years into his sentence, and he will have to register as a sex offender upon completing his prison term, according to court officials. He was also given a 10 year suspended sentence, officials said. Standard court costs and fees in the amount of $2,120 will also have to be paid by Evans, according to court officials.

In addition to his sentence and fines, Evans will also be required to complete a sex offender treatment course, officials said.

Evans was arrested in 2013. Detectives with the Rogers Police Department went to Mercy Hospital in response to a report of a sexual assault, according to a probable cause report.

The victim told authorities she was raped at her residence on Jan. 22, 2013, in the 900 block of South Arkansas Street in Rogers, the report states.

The victim said that she was at her home with Evans, whom she considered a friend. Two of her other friends were with her but had left to go on a date together, according to the report. The victim said Evans was only a friend, and the two didn’t have a sexual history, the report states.

She stayed and watched a movie with Evans, and then she went to bed at 10 p.m., the report states.

She awoke later that night to Evans climbing on top of her. He pulled her shirt over her head and pulled her pajamas off. After that, he raped her, according to the report.

The victim told Evans “stop” and “no,” but he did not stop what he was doing. Her friends got back from their date and heard her trying to scream when they got inside the residence. They ran up to her room and found Evans on top of her. One friend grabbed Evans by the neck and pulled him off of her, and Evans then left the residence, the report states.

It took a while for the victim to calm down that evening, and eventually she told one of her friends she was hurting. So, they took her to the hospital, according to the report.

The victim told authorities that neither she nor Evans had taken any drugs or had any alcohol to drink the night of the incident, the report states.

On Jan. 23, 2013, police interviewed the victim’s friends, who had been on a date that evening. Their story matched that of the victim’s, according to the report.

One of the friends agreed to conduct a recorded phone call with Evans. He answered when she called, and she said she wanted to talk about what happened. The friend asked Evans why he did what he did, and he said he didn’t know what to say or why he did it. He didn’t talk much, the report states.

He told the friend during the call that he was hurting so much he was thinking about suicide. The friend told him that she didn’t want to see him go to jail. At the mention of jail, Evans said he would kill himself in his jail cell if he was imprisoned, according to the report.

The friend asked Evans if the sex was consensual, and he said yes. She asked him again, and he said he didn’t know what consensual meant. She explained it meant that the victim slept with him willingly. After a pause, he said no. Before ending the call, Evans asked the friend to tell the victim he was “really really sorry,” the report states.

Court documents state that prosecutors reduced the charge when Evans pleaded guilty, but the documents do not specify what the reduced charge was.


  • rieva

    im glad it wasnt me. i went to school with him and he was obsessed with me. he even said to everyone in school when i got pregnant with my first kid he said that she was his because he got me high and drunk and fucked me. but no that never happened. thank goodness

Comments are closed.