Fort Smith Firefighters Rescue Woman From Apartment Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FORT SMITH (KFSM)- Fort Smith Department firefighters rescued a woman Thursday (April 30) after a fire started in her kitchen.

The fire chief said something had been left on the stove in the kitchen of the one-bedroom apartment on N. 31 Street. He said the woman who was rescued was in a wheelchair and had to be transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

No one else was injured. The fire chief said the apartment sustained about $5,000-worth of damage.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.