Russellville Woman Sentenced To 3 Years For Failure To Register As A Sex Offender

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Sheree Taylor

CRAWFORD COUNTY (KFSM) – A Russellville woman was sentenced on Thursday (June 18) to three years for failure to register as a sex offender, officials say.

Sheree Taylor, 19, was sentenced to three years in prison with an additional three years suspended, according to the Crawford County Prosecutor’s Office

Prior to Thursday’s sentence, Taylor pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual assault and first-degree terroristic threatening on Jan. 9 and was sentenced to six years of probation, according to court records.

On July 13, 2014, Taylor babysat the sexual assault victim (a teenage girl) and three other children, according to an arrest warrant.

The victim was 13 at the time of the incident, officials said. The victim told investigators that Taylor took her into a bedroom. Once inside, Taylor told the victim to strip or she “would cut her throat,” the warrant states.

After the victim removed her clothes, Taylor touched the victim inappropriately, officials said. A younger child walked in and saw Taylor with the victim, according to court documents.

All of the children later gave statements on the incident to authorities. A warrant was issued for her arrest, and she was taken into custody in August 2014. She was later sentenced to probation in January.

On February 12, Taylor was arrested in Russellville and accused of failing to register as a sex offender, court documents state. She was already serving her six-year probation sentence for sexual assault and terroristic threatening at the time.

She was convicted on Thursday after failing to register and sentenced to three years in prison with an additional three years suspended, according to court officials.

A space was not available for her in the Arkansas Department of Correction at the time of her sentence, so her bond was set at $3,500. Taylor bonded out of jail on Thursday, and she’ll remain released until a space becomes available for her, according to jail records. When space becomes available, she’ll have to report to serve her prison sentence, court officials said.


Comments are closed.