Two Van Buren Families Safe After Early Morning Fires

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VAN BUREN (KFSM) -- Two Van Buren families are safe after both of their homes went up in flames early Monday morning.

Dispatch received the call for both house fires around 3:30 a.m. (June 29).

Crews on scene said the first house fire off of Rena Road was caused by a charcoal grill on the deck. After the deck ignited, the flames climbed up the back of the house and into the attic.

The homeowner said he woke up to let his dog outside when he noticed the fire. Van Buren Firefighters said that none of the fire detectors went off in the home.

Fire crews tell us the second house fire in the River Overlook neighborhood in Van Buren was cause by a massage chair in the dining room.

The fire alarms in the home went off, alerting the family in plenty of time to call 911 and escape. Crews tell 5NEWS that the man living in the home was able to put out the fire himself for the most part using a hose and a fire extinguisher.

Fortunately, no one was injured in the two house fires.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.