Father And Son Hospitalized Following House Fire In Logan County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LOGAN COUNTY (KFSM) -- A father and son were hospitalized Wednesday (Jan. 20) after their house on Core Rd. in Paris burned down, according to fire crews.

Charles Munger and his 13-year-old son were taken to hospitals in Little Rock with second and third-degree burns, according to Ratcliff volunteer firefighter William Sawyer. A 19-year-old woman and her two-year-old daughter were also inside and were able to get out safely.

The boy's grandmother said he was released from Arkansas Children's Hospital on Wednesday afternoon. She said it will likely be another 5-10 days before Munger is released.

The fire started just before 12:30 a.m. after a wood burning stove caught a curtain on fire, according to the fire report. Ratcliff, Branch, Oak Bend and Roseville Fire Departments responded. The fire took four hours to put out, and the home is a total loss.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.