Passengers In High Speed Chase Vehicle Behind Bars
FORT SMITH (KFSM) — Two man have been booked at the Sebastian County Detention Center on suspicion of multiple charges, after they exited the vehicle during the chase.
Jonathan Piel, 36, and James Luna, 40, were arrested by Fort Smith Police on Tuesday afternoon (Jan. 26). The driver, Nickolaus Smith, was booked into the Crawford County Detention Center. Smith had led law enforcement at high rates of speed through much of Fort Smith before ultimately crashing his vehicle in Van Buren.
Piel was arrested on suspicion of:
- unlawful possession of marijuana
- unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia
- contempt-failure to pay a fine
- unlawful carrying of a weapon
- petition to revoke suspended sentence
Luna was arrested on suspicion of contempt-failure to pay a fine and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.