MULDROW (KFSM) -- Twelve-year-old Ethan Daniel is being called a hero after he carried his eight-year-old sister, BreeAnna, and four-year-old brother, Jimmy, out of their burning home in Muldrow.
Ethan's mother Amanda Finney said she believes an ember from a burn pile in the front yard flew into an open window and started the fire.
“It's all destroyed,” Finney said. “Everything's destroyed, the ceiling; it's all just, it's all gone. Everything's wet, everything. It's just gone.”
Most of the family was on the porch watching the pile, but Jimmy was inside and BreeAnna was taking a bath.
“I wasn't that scared because I thought that it was like a small little fire that we could put out, but then whenever I saw the blaze, and I saw all the smoke I got really shocked,” Ethan said.
Finney said she ran into the home to try to put the fire out, but she didn't realize four-year-old Jimmy followed her to try to save one of the family's dogs. That's when Ethan ran inside.
“I picked BreeAnna up,” Ethan said. “She said, ‘I'm naked I can't go outside’ I said, ‘I don't care.’ I threw her over my shoulders, and Jimmy, he had JoJo, our dog. He was running, and he tripped he couldn't get up, so I picked him up.’
Ethan saved BreeAnna and Jimmy’s life, and they were able to save two dogs. A third dog died later of smoke inhalation.
Ethan's parents said they can't believe how brave he was.
“I'm more proud of him than I’ve ever been,” Finney said. “He's such a great kid, and he's just proved it over and over and over again.”
His little brother and sister said now, they look up to him even more than they did before.
“He was my hero,” BreeAnna said. “He saved mine and my littlest one's life.”
The family is staying at a relative's house until it can find a place to live.
They have set up and account for donations at the Armstrong Bank in Muldrow, but they said they appreciate any kind of help they can get.