Man Dies In Tahlequah Home Explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TAHLEQUAH, Okla. (KFSM) — An explosion leveled a home in Tahlequah Wednesday (July 27) and killed the man inside.

The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office believes a propane leak inside the home caused the explosion shortly before 9 a.m. Authorities said the explosion was heard across the county.

The victim has been identified as Bernard Goeser, 62.

The Tahlequah Fire Department, Cherokee Nation EMS, ATF and the state Fire Marshal are investigating.

Bernard Goeser

Bernard Goeser, 62, identified as home explosion victim.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.