SCOTT COUNTY (KFSM) — A 40-year-old man turned himself in to deputies on Monday (July 25) after deputies several illegal substances.
An investigation of James Slaten, of Waldron, resulted in the discovery of approximately 42.5 grams of methamphetamine. Also found were
numerous firearms, other controlled substances, and paraphernalia for the use and sale of controlled substances at his place of business and residence on North Main Street, according to the Scott County Sheriff’s Office.
Property reported as stolen from Sebastian County was also discovered at that address, the sheriff’s office stated.
The Sebastian County Sheriff’s Department and Waldron Police Department assisted in the investigation.
Slaten is behind bars at the Scott County Detention Center on a $150,000, facing the following charges:
- Simulaneous Possession of Drugs and Firearm
- Possession of Methamphetamine with Purpose to Deliver
- Possession of Schedule IV Controlled Substance with Purpose to Deliver
- Possession of Schedule VI Controlled Substance
- Maintaining a Drug Premises
- Criminal Use of a Prohibited Weapon
- Possession of a Defaced Firearm
- Possession of Firearm by Certain Persons
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Theft by Receiving