Crews Battle Fire At Rogers Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


ROGERS (KFSM) — Firefighters are working to put out a fire at a Rogers home Thursday morning (Nov. 24).

The Rogers Fire Department said the home is located in the 2000-block of South 16th Street. The department tweeted, “Companies are reporting heavy fire from a single-story home.”

According to Chief Tom Jenkins, the fire started in the kitchen after something was unattended to while cooking.

Seven people were in the house at the time of the fire. “No working smoke detectors. It was only by luck and the grace of God they made it out in time,” Chief Jenkins said.

The Rogers Fire Department wants to remind people to make sure they have working smoke detectors in their home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.