Benton County Courthouse Evacuated After Issue With HVAC

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BENTONVILLE (KFSM) — The Benton County Courthouse was evacuated after an HVAC motor burned up early this morning, according to Channing Barker, Benton County communications manager.

Barker said the unit burned about 8:40 a.m. and the fire alarm sounded, prompting an evacuation. Emergency officials arrived on scene shortly after.

Everyone was back inside the courthouse by 9:03 a.m., Barker said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.