FORT SMITH(KFSM) -- A Burger King restaurant sustained damage after catching fire Monday (Dec. 4) night, according to the Fort Smith Fire Department.
No injuries were reported.
The restaurant, located at 5323 Rogers Ave., went up in flames after one of the vent hoods overheated, Battalion Chief Skip Matthews of the Fire Department said.
The restaurant also sustained water damage when the fire was extinguished, Matthews added.
There is no set time when the restaurant will re-open. The owner, Joe Neubauer said the vent hood will need to be replaced and everything will have to be cleared by the health department before the Burger King location reopens.