Prairie Grove: Home Is A Total Loss Due To Fire

PRAIRIE GROVE (KFSM) --  A Saturday (April 28) morning fire in Prairie Grove completely destroys a home, according to the Prairie Grove Fire Department (PGFD).

Prairie Grove firefighters responded to a call at 3:45 a.m. in the area of Bush and Neal Streets, and neighboring fire departments from Farmington and Lincoln also assisted in extinguishing the fire.

Google Maps

One occupant was transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to PGFD.

Sierra Sidon lives feet away from the home that burned.   She said her neighbor ran out of his home here and directly to her front door to ask for help.

"I was in shock. [I]Looked at my son and said, 'praise Jesus that he is okay.' I said. 'this is when you pray and ask Jesus to just make everything better for him going forward.'  We sat in the car and watched it. I was just thankful that he got out okay because a house is replaceable, a human is not," said Sidon.

The community has set up a GoFundMe account, "Helping Our Neighbor."  They say the victim has lived in Prairie Grove for more than 20 years.  "He's lost his home, car and all his belongings.  The emotions he went through today as we sat with him and watched the fire department fight this fire was very emotional."