Construction Worker Shocked At Razorback Stadium

FAYETTEVILLE (KFSM) — A worker was injured after he was shocked Wednesday (Aug. 21) while working at Razorback Stadium, according to a university spokesman.

The man was shocked by 277 volts while working on a hot wire on the stadium’s third floor. He fell from a six foot ladder and was caught by another co-worker.

The man was taken to Washington Regional Medical Center, but was alert and breathing, according to Capt. Gary Crain with University of Arkansas police.

Work in that area of the stadium was halted after the accident, officials said, but construction on expanding the stadium’s north end zone continues and the $160 million project should be finished for the start of the 2018 college football season.

Arkansas’ first game is against Eastern Illinois on Sept. 1 at Razorback Stadium.