Former Fire Station Catches Fire, Causing Evacuation Of Elkins City Hall Next Door

ELKINS (KFSM) — Three people safely escaped a fire at a welding company Thursday (Aug. 23) morning when the building next door caught fire, according to police.

Elkins police said the fire started about 9 a.m. at 1890 Stokebury Road due a spark from a welder working inside. The building, now used for storage used to house Station No. 2.

Elkins Fire Department was the first to respond to the scene but requested mutual aid from the Fayetteville Fire Department. City hall was evacuated as a precaution.