Firefighters: “Flash” From Fuel Vapors Injures Two At American Tubing In Springdale

SPRINGDALE (KFSM) — Two people were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries after a "flash" from fuel vapors from an unknown source at American Tubing on Ford Avenue, according to the Springdale Fire Department.

There were no visible smoke or debris from the reported flash, but eyewitnesses from across the street told 5NEWS they saw multiple people being wheeled out of the building by emergency crews.

One eyewitness claims that he heard a loud bang from the building from several yards down the street.

Check back for updates to this story as more information is released.

Previous reports indicated it was an explosion at American Tubing on Monday (Dec. 10). The Springdale Fire Department requested that the terminology being used to describe the incident be changed to "flash."

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.