Man Dies In Early Morning Fort Smith House Fire

FORT SMITH (KFSM) -- A man is dead after a home caught fire early Friday (Dec. 28) morning.  It caused part of the attic to collapse onto the floor beneath it.

The Fort Smith Fire Department confirmed 37-year-old Keith Glenn died after the attic collapsed.

Crews responded to the fire just before 4 a.m. and it took firefighters about an hour and a half to put the fire out. The home is located at 2308 Birnie Avenue, near North 6th Street.

Those who live nearby said that by the time they realized anything was happening, the house was engulfed in flames. Firefighters say the home is destroyed.

"I heard the sirens and dogs barking but I didn't know anything had happened," said neighbor Sandra Marrhough. "It's really sad that something like that can happen and people don't notice."

According to the fire marshall, there were no smoke detectors found inside the home. Damages are estimated to cost about $30,000.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.