WALDRON, Ark.—Due to electrical issues within the middle school, Waldron Public Schools will be closed on Monday (Jan. 7).
According to a Facebook post from Superintendent Daniel Fielding, the main power supply outside of the middle school malfunctioned and can't be repaired.
"It is unclear yet exactly what will have to be done to replace or rebuild this, but we do know that Middle School will not get power back for several days and possibly over a week," Fielding wrote.
All of the almost 500 middle school students will be moved to another building on campus.
A press release states, all students will be dropped off at the Waldron High School Commons for breakfast and will report to the auditorium for further instructions daily.
- 5th Grade classes will be held at the First Baptist Church.
- 6th Grade classes will be held at the Nazarene Church.
- 7th Grade classes will be held at the University of Arkansas- Rich Mountain classrooms.
- 8th Grade classes will be held at the Waldron High School.
Waldron Schools say the doors will stay locked at all times and extra adult supervision will be present at all areas where classes are being held.
Students going to off-campus sites will be bussed by the Waldron School District.
- 5th & 6th-Grade students will eat lunch at Waldron Elementary School from 11:55-12:15 p.m.
- 7th & 8th-Grade students will eat lunch at Waldron High School from 11:40-12:00 p.m.
Waldron Schools is asking parents to send lunch or let them eat school lunch during this time. Dropping off lunches will not be allowed.
All students that are car riders will be picked up at the Middle School as usual.
Anyone with questions is asked to call 479-637-4549.