BELLA VISTA, Ark. (KFSM) —Firefighters are still working to put out a house fire on Sandridge Drive in Bella Vista.
The owner of the home says they think the fire might have been sparked by a space heater, and now they don't have a place to live.
The call came into the Bella Vista Fire Department at 1:45 p.m. Wednesday (Jan. 23) and crews have been working to put the flames out ever since.
Firefighters say no one was in the house when the fire sparked and so far there are no reports of injuries.
Nick Hartsfield says he's lived in the house his entire life and found out about the fire from a friend at school. He says he was worried his parents and pets were there, but luckily they weren't home when the fire started.
"We think a little space heater caught on fire either in my mom and dads room or in the living room or something like that. It hasn't hit me yet but I know it will. We had a lot of memorable things in there," said Hartsfield.
Hartsfield says the family all have places to stay until they are able to get back into their home.
Investigators have not confirmed what caused the fire.