ARKANSAS (KFSM) — Ahead of the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau continues to recruit thousands of workers nationwide for temporary jobs, including Arkansas.
The 2020 Census Jobs website allows applicants to apply for a range of positions, including recruiting assistants, office operations supervisors, clerks, census field supervisors and census takers.
While the Census Bureau is recruiting statewide, there are a lot of needs in Northwest Arkansas, as well as for people with special language skills, including Spanish and other languages. Temporary positions are also available in Crawford and Madison Counties.
The jobs offer flexible hours including daytime, evenings and weekends. Applicants can be under 18 to apply but must be 18 by the time they start work.
Available jobs include:
- Recruiting Assistants travel throughout geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities.
- Office operations supervisors assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities in one or more functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Clerks perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Census field supervisors conduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers, and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues such as not gaining entry to restricted areas.
- Census takers work in the field. Some field positions require employees to work during the day to see addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home such as in the evening and on weekends.