Dry Shampoo Can Explodes In Woman’s Car, Shoots Through Sunroof, Lands Some 50 Feet Away

St. PETERS, Mo. (WSET) — A can of dry shampoo exploded through the console, through the sunroof and landed nearly 50 feet away.

According to Christine Bader Debrecht, the lid of the console was closed, the can was left in a car in the heat and it exploded.

Debrecht says the can blew the console off of its hinges, shot through the sunroof and went high enough in the air that it landed about 50 feet away.

She says she wants to remind people not to leave aerosol cans, especially dry shampoo, in the car.

She says she is glad nobody was hurt.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.