BENTON COUNTY (KFSM) — Downed trees and power lines in the roadways have prompted several road closures in Benton County.
Highway 112 is closed in both direction from north of Pace Lane to just south of East Avenue through Cave Springs due to downed power lines and debris in the roadway, according to the Arkansas Department of Transportation.
Highway 264 between Highfill and Highway 212 is shut down due to debris in the roadway, ARDoT said. Highway 264 from 112 east to Gleneagle Drive is closed because of downed power lines.
Benton County is also reporting the following road closures as of 5:45 a.m.:
- Acapulco Drive (off Highway 12) - trees/powerlines down
- Atkins Road - tree down
- Cross Hollow Road - power line in trees
- Falcon Place - powerline in tree
- Fir Lane - trees and powerlines down
- Gum Springs - trees in powerlines
- Haven Drive - trees blocking road and tangled in powerlines
- Old Highway 68 - tree in powerlines
- Pine Lane - trees and powerlines down
- Waukesha Road - powerlines
Click here for a full list of road closures.
According to Nick Samac with Carroll County Emergency Management, the northern section of the county took the brunt of the storm leaving trees down, some even into homes.
Samac says the power is out for several residents in the county but an estimated total has not been made at this time.
No injuries have been reported in Carroll County at this time.
Madison County Emergency Manager Lori McConnell says there are a few trees down but there is no major damage.