(KFSM) — The American Farm Bureau has just released its 34th annual average Thanksgiving dinner price and Walmart prices are listed below that average.
The AFB’s 2019 survey of classic items found on the Thanksgiving Day dinner table indicates the average cost of this year’s feast for 10 is $48.91.
This year, customers shopping at Walmart for a traditional Thanksgiving meal can plan a 10 person dinner for just $32.68.
This includes a 16 pound turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberries, ingredients for pumpkin pie and more.
All these items are available in your local Walmart store and via Walmart Grocery Pickup and/or Delivery.
Items included in the total meal price include:
- Frozen Self-Basting Young Tom Turkey, per pound (16 lb. bird)
- Fresh Cranberries, 1 pound
- Fresh Sweet Potatoes, 1 pound
- Russet Potatoes, 5 pound bag
- Fresh Carrots, 1 pound
- Fresh Celery 1 bunch
- Frozen Green Peas, 16 oz. package
- Frozen Green Beans, 16 oz. package
- 9” Frozen Pie Shells, 2 per package
- Cube Stuffing (Herb Seasoned), 14 oz. package
- Dinner Rolls, 1 dozen
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix, 30 oz. can
- Whole Milk, 1 gallon
- Whipping Cream, ½ pint carton