Fire From Unattended Cooking Causes $5,000 In Damage

rogers house fire cropped

In addition to several small fires caused by fireworks, another fire caused damage Thursday night to one Rogers duplex while the family was home inside.

Rogers firefighters responded at about 10 p.m. to 1409 W. New Hope Road in reference to a house fire. The fire was contained within about 30 minutes, but flames and smoke caused about $5,000 worth of damage to the duplex’s kitchen, said Rogers Fire Chief Tom Jenkins.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking, Jenkins said. The family was home at the time, but there were no reported injuries.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 554 other followers