Where To Donate Goods, Money To Help Hurricane Victims
ARKANSAS (KFSM) — Hurricane Harvey pounded the southeast coast of Texas over the weekend, leaving the region devastated.
However, with the rains still coming, Good Samaritans are already lining up to help. Some local businesses have announced their plans to send food, monetary donations, supplies, and rescue workers.
Here’s how you can get involved:
– 5NEWS is partnering with the Arkansas Razorbacks to host Razorback Relief: Operation Florida. Please consider donating items for the victims of Hurricane Irma. To learn more, click here.
– Arkansas Blood Institute is asking for blood donors of all types to step up. You can donate blood in Fort Smith at 5300 S. U Street, or at any mobile blood drive.
– The Sebastian County Sheriff’s Office is collecting donations at the Fort Smith office to send to flood victims. Directions here.
– Sheep Dog Impact Assistance is asking for monetary donations here, or donations of tarps, roofing nails, tools, bottled water, hygiene supplies, or
other necessities. To donate supplies, contact Michael Nimmo, SDIA Disaster Response, at 479-841-1236 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 21 West End in Fort Smith will be collecting water, blankets, clothes, canned goods and other non-perishable food items to send to South Texas.
– The Salvation Army is accepting monetary donations here to support the Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. You can also call 1-800- SAL-ARMY, or text STORM to 51555.
– Catholic Charities is accepting monetary donations to help with relief efforts here.